In this lecture we all shared an array of words to help extend our vocabulary, to be used in reflections and evaluations.
- assessed on the evidence you give
- independent study
- A description of the process
“A spoken or written account of a person, object or event”
“Serious thought or consideration”
- What did I do?
- What did I do well?
- How did I do it?
- How could I improve it?
In order to be at distinction level, you must recognise good progress. The more evidence the better (contextual)
- Tutors, peers = exchange of knowledge
- other students, different pathways
- Two things together that create meaning
- Two things when separate, create meaning when together
- When you use something that you didn’t make, in your work
- Peter Blake
- Disrupting/damaging an image
- Making an artistic mark by leaving distress there
- Visually pleasing
- Or displeasing
- Putting forward an idea
- Always start with a proposition
- Propose your ideas
- An unreal representation using an art form
- Everyone made to be looking perfect – advertising
- Artists however are more realistic these days
- Be aware of what you’re doing
- Description, reflection – Blog
- Ron Mueck’s work
- Get involved
- Participation + collaboration
Potential of the medium:
- What can you do with that media?
- Charcoal, paint, fabric, film etc
- Experiment with things – mark making
- Things that aren’t in harmony with each other
- Placing something you’ve made in the right context
- In the context of the output
- Awareness of the physical space
- Whats around you
- The space that you work in: Lecture theatre, Facebook, presentation of work etc
I am the author of my work…
- Things coming together
- A theme
- Exaggerating your working
- Good in advertising